Location: At the main entrance to the Smithville Mansion, on Park Avenue, just off of Smithville Road in Eastampton Township.
Significance - The Smithville Mansion was originally built by the Shreve Brothers in the mid 1800s. H.B. Smith of Lowell, Mass. purchased the property in 1865. Just as Shreveville was a self-contained company town, the concept was re-introduced and expanded under Smith. H.B. Smith and his wife, Agnes, did much to enhance the Mansion, and thus added the adornments in the gardens (iron lions, fountains, etc.), and, of course, the two Eagles which adorn the pillars at the entrance gate to the mansion. The present Eagles are replicas of the originals, re-created through the efforts of the Friends of the Mansion, a non-profit organization dedicated to the restoration of the Mansion.
Directions: Going east on Route 38, less than a mile past the Wal Mart Store in Lumberton Township, turn left at the light onto Smithville Road. Brown Park signage will indicate where to turn onto Park Avenue (just after 801 Smithville Road). The Eagles are there on the right. You can also access Smithville Road from the north via Woodlane Road.